Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The wait is Over!

September 07, 2007
The long wait was over. There were bunch of emails in my email box. But only one email caught my attention and I was dancing with joy in the browsing center unaware of the people staring at me with blank expressions. The email  had all the information about my joining with instructions on how to reach, what to bring etc. I was super excited about the joining. I rushed home to convey this to my parents. I updated the status on ORKUT. Yeah!! Orkut was still the best social networking site then. I booked my ticket to Kurnool as I had to meet my atti (aunt). I was planning to spend some time in Kurnool and then head to Bangalore.

September 28, 2007 was another milestone in my life when I began my professional career with one of the most reputed organizations. 
I was extremely excited when I saw the place where I would be getting trained. Its 'God's own Country' no prizes for guesses, its Kerala. I booked my ticket from Bangalore to Trivandrum (also called Thiruvananthapuram) as I had to collect my provisional degree certificate from my college.

I reached Bangalore on September 22, 2007 and stayed with my college friends. The ticket was yet to get confirmed. The required documents list was huge and I started cursing myself for taking the situation very mild. I was restless till I got all the required documents set.

September 26, 2007
With some hugs and best wishes I departed from my college friends (Rajesh, Akhil, Swaroop, Raghu) and reached Bangalore City railway station well in time. There was a lot of time to kill and heavy luggage ofcourse. The ticket was confirmed. Not sure of what to do, I started moving around on the platform desperately looking for some familiar face. That is where I met my future roommate Dattatreya. Datta was of dark complexion, tall, lean with short hair, with super cool attitude. He was a chatterbox. We had our ice breaker session on the platform. I met few of my friends (Kishore, Venkatesh, Basavaraj) and new ones who were placed in the same organization with same day of joining like me.

Fortunately most of us were in the same coach. The whistle of the engine gave us a signal that the train would start its journey to one of the most beautiful place in South India. We discussed about the things done by each of us in the last few months while at home and had dinner. Then we went back to our berths and slept.

8 comments:

  1. your writing is blooming takki.. i m enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. m loving dis blog of urs takki ...itsmore intrstng :) ognite house k rellated b likh de :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Suju
    Kaddu, nice suggestion yar :) thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even I remembered my ILP days for a while. Called few of my ILP mates also. Your blog is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too Good Takki!! Keep going!! :)

    ReplyDelete